Monday, September 15, 2008

Here we go...

Yeah, so this is it, my first blog entry. I've never really done anything like this before so we'll see how it goes, thus far I've managed to turn on the computer and find this website so I have high hopes for the future. Anyway, the semester is in full swing now and so is that Wisconsin weather, it's been raining pretty consistently all week and it’s starting to get colder. On the upside, all the wetness has afforded me the opportunity to get in a good game of rain-football on Alrich field last Saturday (I'm so sore), totally worth it. Speaking of football, I've gotta say I'm pretty thrilled it's back in season, although nowhere near as much as my roomies Joe and Luke (more on them later) who are obsessed with fantasy leagues. But anyway I'd just like to say that although I hold no particular allegiance to the Packers, you've gotta hand it to Aaron Rogers, good job buddy!

Ok enough said, back to Beloit. I've been here since early August now, so what've I been up to? Well, I was an Orientation Leader for first year students during this year's new student days week, and it was seriously a blast. For starters, I got to move in a couple of weeks before everyone else and enjoy the beautiful summer campus before fall weather started to set in. It was prime time for soccer, ultimate Frisbee, and other outdoor pursuits. Oh yeah, and I got to set up our huge triple dorm room before Joe and Luke showed up, needless to say I took all the best stuff *snicker. However, for the most part it was just a great opportunity to get know some returning students better, and to meet the freshmen before they disappeared into the student body. I had a great time working with my group [I know you guys aren't reading this but here's your shout out :)], and professor of Philosophy Heath Massey, very cool prof.

Well moving on, now that’s all come and gone and I'm back in the thick of academics. This semester I'm overloading credits with five classes including Ancient Philosophy, Intro. to Literary Studies, Botany, Creative Writing, and Environmental Ethics, and I can't lie, it's not easy. They're good courses but what have I gotten myself into? My day consists of a run in the morning, six hours of class, an hour and half of BUFF practice (Beloit Ultimate Frisbee Family, which I've missed a lot due to a perpetual cold), dinner, and then homework or internship depending on the night(ok and maybe a little ping pong). It's pretty intense, but I like it most days. Yeah so that’s a crash course in the semester up to thus far, 10 points if you read all of that. Hopefully future entries will be a little more interesting now that I've got a little of the background info out of the way. Until next time...

No comments: